Introducing the new TracPhone V3 - it will change the way you think about SATCOM at sea! At 14.5 inches (37 cm) in diameter, it is the world?s smallest maritime VSAT antenna. With airtime rates 1/10th the cost of Inmarsat - $0.99/MB for data and $0.49/minute( as of 02/17/2011, subject to change) for voice anywhere in the world - TracPhone V3 is the perfect solution for staying in touch with friends and family on shore. Enjoy surfing the web, communicating via e-mail, and calling home with a system designed for boats as small as 30 feet!
The TracPhone V3 offers outstanding data and voice connections via KVH?s global mini-VSAT Broadband service, the fastest growing maritime VSAT network and the choice of the U.S. Coast Guard. Together, this system offers the blazing speeds of VSAT (downloads as fast as 2 Mbps!) in the ultra-compact design historically offered only by Inmarsat. It is an end-to-end solution exclusively from KVH and equips your boat with a fully stabilized antenna, powerful ArcLight® spread spectrum modem, and a sleek below-decks antenna control unit.
- A complete, end-to-end solution that includes a 14.5" antenna in an ultra-compact housing, below-decks antenna control unit, and modem, all powered by ViaSat Arclight® spread spectrum technology to support seamless global roaming.
- Download speeds as fast as 2 Mbps for only $0.99 per MB.
- Integrated voice line using KVH's Enhanced Voice Service technology for crystal clear calling at only $0.49 per minute, anywhere in the world.
- Ultra-high efficiency antenna using KVH?s RingFire™ design and groundbreaking dielectric feed rod technology for excellent reception even in bad weather.
- Rugged, commercial-grade, high-performance antenna design for tracking in bad weather; perfect for use on tuna towers.
- Free access to KVH?s Velocity™ Acceleration software to optimize and speed up data connections via the mini-VSAT Broadband service
- No need to hook up the antenna to the ship?s gyro compass ? installation has never been simpler!
- Dynamic, gyro-stabilized tracking and military-grade modem for outstanding performance along with onboard networking via an integrated WiFi and Ethernet hub
- World-class warranty and support with easy, 1-call activation.
End-to-end System Integration
The mini-VSAT Broadband service, along with the KVH TracPhone V3 antenna, comprise the first end-to-end 14.5-inch VSAT antenna, service, and support package available for global maritime communications. Together, KVH and ViaSat are currently providing two-way mobile broadcast services from secure teleports around the globe utilizing some of the world's most powerful communications satellites.
KVH?s mini-VSAT Broadband network takes a revolutionary approach to maritime satellite communications to maximize data and voice throughput while preventing interference to adjacent satellites. The network is based on ViaSat?s ArcLight Code Reuse Multiple Access (CRMA) spread spectrum technology, which significantly reduces contention issues, transmission delays, and shared transmission bandwidth compared to traditional Time Division Multiple Access (TDMA) technology relied upon by other VSAT networks.
KVH mini-VSAT Broadband Airtime
Service Coverage Area
Maximum Downlink Rate (Shore-to-Ship)
Maximum Uplink Rate (Ship-to-Shore)
Antenna Dome Standard Diameter x Height/Weight
15.5" x 17.5" / 25 lbs
(39.4 cm x 44.5 cm / 11.3 kg)
Antenna Dome Alternate Diameter x Height/Weight
19" x 21" / 30 lbs
(49 cm x 53 cm / 13.6 kg)
Matching TracVision Antenna Available
Standard - M3
Alternate - M5
KVH Enhanced Voice Service
Group 3 fax
Antenna Operating Temperature
-13°F to +131°F
(-25°C to +55°C)
Antenna Storage Temperature
-30°F to +160°F
(-34°F to +71°C)
Complies with EC directive 1999/5/EC RTTE, per compliance with EC directive 2006/95/EC, EMC directive 2004/108/EC and IEC 301-427; Compliant to FCC requirements
2 Year Parts; 1 Year Labor
1 Maritime GSM service is an optional service.
2 With Maritime GSM service.
3 Unless subject to in-country regulations.
4 1-year parts warranty extension with system purchase and subscription to Inmarsat Airtime by KVH; some restrictions may apply, click here for details.