BOATraNET is a truly unique and innovative product that "e-nables" your existing navigation system and creates a dynamic, local intranet for your boat. Imagine having your own automatic website that shows visitors to your boat, all of the most important navigational information and gives them access to the photos, documents and music that you want them to share and enjoy.
BOATraNET integrates with the boat's existing navigation system (Raymarine, Garmin, Furuno, Navico, etc.) via NMEA 0183 and automatically creates animated instrument and navigational displays (web pages) of your data.
It creates a wireless "hotspot" that works with iPhones, iPads, iPod Touch, Android Devices, Smart Phones, Laptops, Windows, LINUX and Mac OS X PCs. Anyone onboard can connect, enter the password you give them, and then using the wireless device's own web browser (no special app required) view the data, even when out at sea without an internet connection.
BOATraNET incorporates a Navionics based chart plotter (with optional embedded Silver Charts), that shows you where you are on the chart, a music player that can play music on your boat's hifi or stream music to your wireless devices, plus photo and document viewers that you control from your wireless device's web browser. Connect BOATraNET to one of Digital Yacht's long range wifi adaptors and when you are in the marina, you can easily connect to the marina's "hot spot" and share the long range Wi-Fi connection, with everyone connected to BOATraNET.
BOATraNET is fully expandable and more functions, features and accessories are planned to be rolled out over the coming months. Software updates, Data and Media files can easily be transferred via USB memory sticks. KEY FEATURES:
- World's first wireless navigation server for boats
- Creates dynamic HTML 5 compliant web pages that can be accessed by anyone on the boat
- New and exciting method for family and friends to access data and media whilst onboard
- Can be accessed by any wireless device with a modern browser - no special apps required
- Works everywhere at sea - no internet connection required
- Optional long range wifi adaptor for shared internet connection in marinas
- 12/24v DC, ultra rugged, fanless hardware that consumes just 1.5A
- Compact - measures just 29.5cm x 22.5cm x 6.2cm
- 2 x NMEA 0183 Ports
- Easy mounting and installation
- All units include a worldwide Base Map
- Can be supplied with optional Navionics Silver continental chart coverage of your region
- Initial BOATraNETs will be compatible with the following systems;
- iPhones, iPads and iTouch units with iOS 3.x or higher
- Macs running Safari V5 or higher
- PCs running Google Chrome
- Google Android V2.3 Devices
295mm x 225mm x 62mm (L x W x H)SUPPLIED WITH:
1m Power/IO cable, Mounting brackets, Wifi Antenna and User Manual